Media union CWA Canada seeks staff representative
CWA Canada, the country’s only all-media union, is seeking a staff representative to serve members across the country, with a particular focus on Ontario.
The successful candidate will be based in Toronto and will be responsible for working with union Locals to enforce collective agreements, negotiate new agreements, and handle an assortment of duties.
- Lead contract negotiations.
- Assist, advise, and support Locals on a range of matters, including dealing with employers, and enforcing collective agreements.
- Administer grievances up to and including mediation / arbitration.
- Conduct workshops, presentations, and training as required.
- Support Locals in mobilizing / member engagement.
- Assist with organizing.
- Willingness and ability to travel in Ontario regularly, and sometimes across Canada.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Three or more years experience working as a staff rep, or in a senior position.
- Thorough knowledge of the protocols and legislation that govern employer / employee relations.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Competency using computer software tools such as Word and Excel.
- University degree in law is an asset.
- French language proficiency is an asset.
Excellent salary and benefits contingent on experience and qualifications.
CWA Canada welcomes and encourages applications from members of equity-seeking groups.
Please email your resumé, including at least three references, and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please note that we will only be replying to those selected for an interview.
Application deadline: Aug. 12, 2022 at 5 p.m. ET
Leave a Reply